Monday, July 19, 2010

A Swell Season


author: Dustin Wetton

What a show. As a group composed of passion, the performance by The Swell Season at the Hollywood Bowl last night was amazing. While the venue was not as intimate as their last visit to Los Angeles, they were still able to connect with the whole audience as they blasted their sweet, sweet music over the thousands of listeners last night. Prior to their performance, beautiful Zooey Deschanel performed in her band She and Him. Her classical voice was nothing less than perfect last night and she laid the tempo for the night of great music. All in all, it was a great performance by all bands present.

When I first saw and heard The Swell Season it was before they really existed. Glen Hansard and Markéta Irglová were both doing individual things, such as The Frames. Yet in their movie Once, these two talented people joined their passions to create some great music. And thus, they formed The Swell Season. Being a local San Diegan, when I hear the word “swell” I automatically relate to the ocean and a swell, picturing the large swells being brought in from a storm far off the coast. Yet, I have also been watching some Mad Men recently and they too use the word “swell” frequently. They say it with the same meaning of “that’s great” or “that’s amazing.” And I guess this can work for this band too, The Amazing Season, The Great Season. Whatever their meaning, this band is something to look into.

How does any of this relate to law? How can this help out our clients? The whole time I was writing this I was waiting for something to click that I can draw a connection back to our practice area, but I think I won’t. I think this will be an example of the character and outside interests of Laurus Law. While we do practice law, and we are legal professionals, we also have other interest and enjoy great music. Ce la vie.

If you have any questions or comments regarding this blog, or would like to recommend some music, email us at blog@lauruslaw.com

No comments:

Post a Comment